Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Changes - Happy Birthday Ryker


Dear family,

So some big changes this week, which I will explain in a minute. For now it's enough to just say that I am not in Ambohimanarina anymore. Yay for emergency transfers!!

So it all started on Tuesday. Elder Bassett and I had a split with the Elders in Ankorondrano, about an hour away by bus, so we woke up at like 5 in order to go out and meet up with them and still be home in time for studies. I spent the day with Elder Sweeten. He is one transfer ahead of me and we have lived together a couple of times so we are old friends and it was great to get to work with him again. Anyways, about halfway through studies the phone rang. It was President Foote, looking for me. He told me he had a new assignment for me! That unfortunately meant having to leave Ambohimanarina. I was super sad to have to leave so many great people that I have met along the way, But Elder Bassett is an amazing missionary and I know that he can take care of business. Wednesday went by in a blur of goodbyes.

Wednesday night I was picked up at my apartment, and after helping with a zone conference thursday, President Foote, Elder Walker and I headed out Friday morning. Elder Walker is my new comp and is also the oldest missionary in the mission. He has about three weeks left, and we are going to spend them together. Right now we are in Antsirabe, and yes, that is the same Antsirabe I was trained in. It has been a great couple of days of reunions and old friends and I have loved every second of it. Elder Walker and I are here until Nov. 22, and then we will be off again. We are going to spend the week going on splits with different companionships, fixing problems, doing training, finding as many new investigators as possible, and basically just blowing up the city with missionary work. It's going to be a great time and I am way excited to be out working here again. Yesterday I was on a split with Elder Baggs, who is currently in his second transfer being trained in the same area I was trained in. We gave their whole program to Elder Walker and Elder Baggs' comp, and the two of us went out tracking. Despite a mad dash to the church bathroom due to the long lasting effects of a deworming pill (not mine, Elder Baggs') we managed to tract in to 5 times. One of those was actually really special.

We were walking back from the bathroom in an area far from where we had been tracting when we passed a young married couple just leaving their house. They just looked so happy that I couldn't help but stop and talk to them. They agreed to give us a few minutes to share the message, and we taught them a great lesson on the restoration! It was so awesome! After that Elder Baggs and I had a great talk about just how much our Heavenly Father makes sure we are in the right place at the right time. Who would think that the fact that he had gotten worms would have put us in a place to find such an awesome family!! The Lord works in mysterious ways I guess.

So due to all of the traveling and just the all-around tight schedule, I really haven't had much of a chance to study. Even with that, I sure learned a lot this week. Only our Heavenly Father can make weak things become strong. Without him we are nothing. Love you all so much! I will talk to you next week!

Elder Jensen

Scripture of the Week: Ether 12:27

 


 

 


 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment