Monday, March 27, 2017

Life is Good- March 27, 2017

Dear everybody,
I don't really know how many times I have used that same subject for my emails, but I guess it never ceases to be true. Life is still good.
This week went great. Clovis and Jaqueline's papers are complete. They are currently on the way here from Toliear, and they should be here on Thursday. We just hope that we can push them through the government fast enough to get them baptized on S
aturday
. I really really hope that it works out, and so do they. They might be one of my favorite families that I have taught. They come to church every week rain or shine and are just the greatest people ever. Everyone else is doing great as well. Donne is on his way back from the middle of nowhere but he's not going to be back in time for Saturday, hopefully in another 2 weeks. We actually have a lot of people who should be ready in 2 weeks time. Things are going great here in Andranomadio!
So this week my big repentance study shifted to focus on what it takes to repent. Over and over again in the scriptures we are asked to bring a broken heart and a contrite spirit. That means humility. Ezra Taft Benson once said that Pride is the greatest stumbling block of Zion. It is rooted in competition. The thing that we have to remember is that there is no such thing as rightious pride. It is allways a bad thing. It means pitting our own will against others or maybe even our Heavenly Father's. In this way, we are unable to repent because we are unable to accept the faults that are in ourselves. It's something that I have been trying to work on a lot lately, I think it's something we all struggle with from time to time. Anyways, love you all, that's all I got.
Elder Jensen
Scripture of the Week: Acts 20:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment