Wednesday, December 21, 2016

It's HOT!

Dear family,
It has been another awesome week out here in Madagascar. We had some awesome moments with some way cool investigators and things just went great. It's summer right now, so it is pretty hot here. By that, I mean it is really, really hot here. I come home every day and can seriously ring the water out of my shirts. It's nuts!! That being said, I love Tamatave.
So we have some great investigators out here. Some of my favorites are Clovesel and Jaqueline, plus their three kids whose names have slipped my mind at the moment. They are way cool people. They have been learning from the missionaries for about 6 months and are super smart. Last week we went in and talked about repentance was. For them, it just meant confession. I don't think I could count on all of my fingers and toes all of the times that I have heard that. We talked about how much more repentance is than just that. It is a change of lifestyle, and even more than that it is a change of heart. As we repent we come closer to the savior and the way he lived. Christ told His apostles in the Americas that they should be even as he is. That's the goal. It is also a long ways off, but that's ok because as we repent we come closer to that ultimate goal of returning to live with Him. Also one other funny story, we had dinner last night with some way awesome members (beans and pig fat over rice, my favorite) and they gave us a referral for the man's sister who lived next door. We went straight over and taught them. The funny part is that their kid's name is John Cena. Anyways we got a kick out of that one. I have also met a kid here named Joseph Smith. Good times.
So this week I did a little bit of a study on the Christmas spirit because I absolutely love Christmas time. I read the Christmas story in Luke 2, which was great as always. I love the words of the angel to the shepherds. "Behold, I bring good tidings of great joy. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a savior, which is Christ the Lord." Such a simple statement, and yet it is hard to understand the real gravity of it. The entire history of the world until that point were building up to this one great event. The prophets spoke of it, the psalmist sang of it, and all of mankind looked forward to this one moment. They found Him, The Son of God, asleep in his mothers arms. That is the greatest gift ever given.
Love you all so much, Merry Christmas,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment