Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Great Week

This week was indeed great. We have seen some great things happening and a lot of really cool moments. Also, it was my last week of church here in tamatave. I am so very grateful for all of the cool people and places that I have met and seen here. Now for the weekly update.
So do you remember my guy Aristad and his wife? Well the week after I told you about him he went on vacation and wasn't planning on getting back until after I was long gone. I was very sad when we found that out. Then, on Tuesday I was going over the area with Elder Van Zyl, just making sure that he knew everyone and where they lived and all of that fun jazz, and we felt like we should go check on him. We hadn't been back in a couple of weeks, but we went by anyways. It turns out, he had just gotten home that same day. He had been trying to call us, but he had somehow typed our number in wrong to his phone. Anyways, he was super excited to see us, we were able to teach him, and he has agreed to get baptized!!
So I have been studying a lot this week about weaknesses and most especially about overcoming them. We all have weaknesses, some more than others and some bigger than others, but we all have them. For me personally, in my own prideful self, I have always been hesitant to admit to mine, and even more so to ask for help with them. I guess I have allways just assumed that I could figure it out on my own. This week I have learned that that's not the point. Our Heavenly Father doesn't give us weaknesses so that we can man up and power through them on our own. I love the way Paul explains it to the Corrinthians in 2 Corrinthians 12:

5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
The Lord gives us our infirmities (weaknesses) that we might be humble. There are weaknesses that we as mortals cannot overcome on our own. He has, however, promised us help. He has promised that if we will come unto him in our weaknesses he will make us strong, stronger than we could ever become on our own (Ether 12:27). Therefore I, like Paul, joy in my infirmities, for I know that when we are in our weakest moments, if we will lean on Him, He will make us strong. Strong enough to withstand any heartache, to weather every storm. I am so very thankful for The Savior and His grace in my life.
Love you all so much, so grateful for all of your support,
Elder Jensen
Scripture of the week: All those mentioned above.
Cool Panorama with Elder Van Zyl


Morning Beach Soccer Crew
Ocean Sunrise
Me and Mah Boy Elder Van Zyl

Zone Activities at Foul Pointe (That's a coconut)

Elder Ulrich, my MTC comp/current Zone Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment