Monday, March 21, 2016

Surprise!!

March 21, 2016
Hey everybody, so I have a bit of a surprise for you all this week. Last monday went great, the last two people passed their bap interviews. Tuesday we got dogged by a lot of people but it was still a decent day. Wednesday was just a little bit diferent. About 3 o'clock I got a call from President Foote, so of course my first thought was "I swear I didn't do it." Apparently he knew that because he actually had some news for me. I have been emergency transfered to a place called Fort Dauphin (Tolognaro in Malagasy) and I am never ever coming home. It is literally paradise. It is a little city right on the southern coast of madagascar. It is also right on the most beautiful coast in madagascar. Not only that, it is the best running area in the mission. We taught 62 lessons last week with no member splits. Also if I'm not wrong we have 35 progressing investigators, most of whom are going to be baptized in April. My new companion is Elder Coleman. He has 2 transfers left, about 3 months, and I will probably be his last companion. Here is the biggest part, he wasn't actually in Fort D. We got emergency transfered here a week and a half before transfers so that we could learn the area and take over at transfers. Which basically means we're whitewashing but not really.
Instead we have about a week and a half to learn this whole new area plus the names places and faces of every single investigator. To top it all off they don't really speak malagasy here. Ok that's a lie,
they do. They speak 2 seperate dialects, Antandroy and antanosy. Thing is neither of those sound anything like my malagasy and I am back to square 1, not understanding anything that anybody says. So now we get to basically learn a whole new language again! It sounds so cool though I am way stoked about it. I'll be sure to include some pictures for y'all, but just know that I am in paradise and will never ever leave hahaha. Love you all so much,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment