Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Sorry I'm Late


Dearest everybody,
Sorry that I am so late, but I have a good excuse I promise. You see I don't know if you remember, but we don't have any water in our house, nor have we for about a month. It is literally not even enough to fill a bucket so that I can shower out of it. We have 0 water whatsoever. I haven't showered in about a month now, don't judge me. Definitely not the worst thing that I have had to deal with over here. So anyways the point is that we spent the morning moving in to a new house. This one has running water and even a water heater! Score!! So that's all done now and I promise that I will take a long hot shower tonight.

The work is still going well. We have a lot of investigators who are really sitting on the fence. They will read the books and answer the questions and everything, they just won't come to church consistently enough that they can get baptized. It gets super frustrating sometimes. We actually have about 20 or 25 investigators who have been to church. On the other hand we have only ever had 8 at one time because they all come around every 2 or 3 weeks. We actually do have 2 baptisms coming up on Saturday, so that should be way super cool.
Studies this week have been kind of scarce due to a bunch of meetings and splits and things. I have however been reading from the book Jesus the Christ. It is a way freaking awesome book if anyone is out there for a not-so-quick read. Also it uses a lot of really big words. I have forgotten the meanings to about half of them over the last year. The other half I don't think I ever knew the the meanings to. It's still a great book though!!

Love you all so much

Elder Jensen
So the scripture of the week this week is one called "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. It is pretty long, about thirty minutes, but you should all listen to it. It will change your life

No comments:

Post a Comment