Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I LOVE THIS PLACE


Dear Family,

I just want to start out by saying a big happy birthday to my Grandma Udy, who turned 21 again this week! Love you Grandma!!
So this week was a little bit slow. We took a bus in to the middle of town on Tuesday to the doctor's office. Elder Bassett had another ingrown toenail, I swear this guy has the worst luck ever. Anyways this one was way bad and infected and so they had to take out the whole toenail. I made the mistake of watching them pull that bad boy out, it was great. We were lucky though, they actually numbed it enough this time. Either way, that makes for a few days of being bums at the house for the two of us. We are hoping to be back up to speed by wednesday or thursday of this week.

Tuesday after the surgery and all day wednesday I spent on a split with Elder Brown, one of President Foote's Assisstants. He came and helped us out for a couple of days, which was fun because he actually is the guy I replaced here in Ambohimanarana, and so he already knew the area pretty well. Also me and him were already good friends so it was a good couple of days. Thursday and Friday I was back at the house with Elder Bassett, which was great, but we are definitely itching to get back to work.
Saturday and Sunday we finally got around to watching conference, which was a blast as always. I think two of my favorite talks were by Elders Yamashita and Schmutz of the 70, and I will definitely be going back to read over those again. Anyways love you all,

 
Elder Jensen

Scripture of the week: D&C 121: 1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment