Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Rainstorms and a Big Spider- December 14, 2015



Hey there everybody!! It's been another great week in Madagascar!! We got rained on hard though, hahaha. Literally almost every day all of my stuff is just soaked. I will send some pictures but literally the roads have been like rivers, it's insane. I was talking to a couple of members about it yesterday but they just laughed at me. I guess that means that the worst is yet to come. She kept talking about Cyclone season so that's on the horizon. Haha I know a couple of missionaries that say they worked in a category 5 hurricane last year. Just another day in the life of a Madagascar missionary, I guess. The work is still going good here but we hit a few stumbling blocks this week.  
1. Lalaina is going on vacation so we can't teach him again until the New Year. We've actually gotten a lot of that lately, people just asking us to come back after Christmas because they were going to be busy. 
            2. We've been teaching a girl named Sitraka (everyone here is named Sitraka) who is 18 and has been learning from the missionaries for forever. She comes to church every week and she even goes to seminary. Basically she is more active than most of our members, she just hasn't been baptized. The problem is that her dad is an extremely faithful Jehovah’s Witness, and he won't let her get baptized. Me and Elder Koplin are hoping to talk to him this week but I'm still not sure exactly where this will go.  
            3. Remember Hardis and Onja? Well there just wasn't enough time to get them married before the Baptism so we pushed it back to Jan. 2nd. Little story about them from this week though! They have this little girl that's like 2 years old and her name is Oria she's the cutest thing ever. Anyways we were in a lesson with them the other day and Hardis picked her up and gave her a little kiss on the cheek. He's a really great dad I'm sure. Anyways I was thinking about just their future and I realized that here in a couple of years Hardis is going to be able to baptize that little girl and that just made me so happy. A little bit later we asked if they were sad we had to move the bap date back and they said no as long as they can get baptized before the baby comes. I don't remember if I told you but Onja is pregnant. Turns out there were some complications when Oria was born and she wants God on her side this time. I love that family so much. It's crazy how far they've come in such a short time. The mission is the greatest place to see the changes this gospel makes in people. Love you all so much, 
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment