Monday, January 25, 2016

Farm Days - January 18, 2016



Hey there everybody sorry I'm late today. President Foote is here in Antsirabe so we kind of had a special p-day. We spent the morning doing some farming for some members. We had to dig all of the tall grass away from these little medicine trees. It kind of felt good to have a shovel in my hands again not going to lie. Then I realized it's been a while... haha all of the callouses ripped off and I may have gotten a little blood on the member's shovel. Oh well, it happens I guess. After that we went and played some basketball so it was a lot of fun. Things are great here in Antsirabe! We had more people at church today than we ever have in the history of the branch! 147!!! The most I have ever seen was around 130. Plus we had 8 investigators come! It's so great to see how much the church can change people's lives. I don't know if you all remember Lalaina, but he is getting baptized in a couple of weeks. He has a bit of a story to him too. He's one of the biggest Malagasies I've ever seen, maybe 5'11 and 230 pounds. I guess that's not huge to y'all but people don't get that big here. He also is way smart. He was going to school to be a doctor but he kind of snapped. I've heard it told that his girlfriend left him and he lost it and I've also heard it told that someone did some witch-doctory stuff to him. Anyways at some point he just went crazy and started fighting everybody. He actually almost killed someone and at that point he ended up getting locked up. He would walk down the street and people would walk the other way. Everyone was terrified of Lalaina. One of our members told us about how any time he was near she left because she was afraid. Then we started teaching him and we got to know him. He had no friends. To be honest I think he let us in because he was lonely. He has long since gotten is temper under control and he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. That same member told me yesterday that she when she saw him at church she wasn't scared any more. He was just another child of our Heavenly Father. He has friends now. Our church changed his life and it is great. Love you all so much
Elder Jensen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment