Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Week 4, Transfer 8, goes too fast.

Dear everybody,
Things are still great here on the other side of the world. I am sorry I'm late but we went on a little 7 hour nature walk this morning. It was brutal. Other than that things have been pretty calm around here. Just another week in paradise.

So the work week went really well. We have been having a lot of success here and caught most all of our goals this week. We even have 4 baptisms scheduled for the 30th and about 10 more for august!! One of my favorite investigators at the moment is a guy named Egson. Elder Coleman and I tracked into his family about 2 months ago. He wasn't even there for the first lesson. We taught his family but they were very stuck in their Lutheran faith. We went back for a second lesson and he was there for that one. His wife politely asked us after the lesson to never come back. Ever. I mean like never ever ever never. She didn't like our stuff much. I guess he did because he ran us down at the gate and set up another appointment with us. Ever since then we have either learned in his kid's bedroom or his office because the wife won't even let us into the house. Yes though, I did say office. He is a very well off guy. He is also sitting on the Lutheran Council of Fort Dauphin. However, at this point he knows that the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith is a true prophet to the point that he gets mad at us when we ask him. He told us yesterday that he knows he needs to get baptized it's just way hard for him to leave his church because it's all he's ever known. He's praying about it though, hopefully he'll get an answer soon. Hopefully really soon. Missions are short, and I'm not getting any younger you know!!

Studies this week were good. I spent a lot of time reading in Alma. I especially like where they teach King Lamoni and his father. Ammon and Aaron do such a good job of teaching the gospel and especially of teaching it in a way that it can be understood. It was just a bit of a lesson on slowing things down and making sure that we teach simply and understandably so that the spirit can bear witness of the message.

In other news I went on a hike this morning!! Not a real hike, we just spent about 3 1/2 hours walking on a beach so that we could see the sun rise. It was way pretty but I am just exhausted at this point. Also got some good pictures but the cyber cafe here is very crappy so I am just going to wait to send them and save me some time.

Love you all so much,
Elder Jensen

Scripture of the Week; Alma 20:23, Alma 22:15

No comments:

Post a Comment