Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Almost There!


October 1, 2015
Hey there fam!
This week has been another great one in the MTC! Loving every second of it! I still can't believe how fast time flies here. I am just getting ready to send out a packet of letters so they should be there soon. Sorry its taken so long they actually don't give us any time at all to write we just have to use free time, and they really don't give us any of that. Plus I wanted to send one to everybody so it has taken even longer. Almost done though! Sorry about the pictures to, my cord doesn't work from the MTC,  but it will in the field and my comp just got an adapter so I will try to send some today. 
I don't really know what the deal will be in Madagascar but I will do what I can. The food here has gotten really old the last week or so. We kinda realized that its almost the exact same meals every day, and so its just not as good after 4 weeks. Class is going great though!! We're really starting to get the hang of the language. The hardest part has been the different sentence structures because it changes between active, passive, and circumstantial sentences. Other than that though it really isn't too bad. 
The words are really easy to pronounce, way easier than English. It is easier to spell in Malagasy too. All of the letters sound the same no matter how they are used so you can basically just sound everything out. We've started to talk some about the culture in Madagascar too, which is really fun. Apparently instead of pointing with their fingers they point with their lips. I laughed extremely hard the first time that I saw my teacher do it. He has been home for a whole year and he still does it all the time. It makes me excited to get there and see all this cool stuff. 
Apparently the fruit juice there is amazing. Do you think I could just live off of that for two years? I just might try it out. He also said we should prepare a couple of lessons before we go. He basically had to teach a lesson all by himself the 3rd day there. His trainer had only been there  2 months, so he had picked up some of the language but was no where near fluent yet. Apparently young trainers is a thing in Madagascar because he was a trainer after six months. We talked about a couple of areas he was in too, mostly Fianarantsoa and Antananarivo. It seems like a really great place and I just can't wait to get out of here. 11 Days left!! Can't wait! The Malays leave on Monday so it will be just 5 of us in the whole zone for two days. Next Wednesday we get 14 new people, and since we are Zone Leaders we will have to train them. Then we get to go!!! I really can't wait.
Love you guys so much
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment