Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Ryker's Zone Leader


This week has actually been fairly eventful. I honestly don't remember most of Friday or Saturday they just flew right by. Our entire zone left on Monday and Tuesday except for the five of us and the Malays next door. And a couple lithuanians that didn't get their visas so they leave this week. With that came a lot of change! My companions and I are now the zone leaders, which really scares the crap out of me. The last zone leaders had been here 7 1/2 weeks before they were called. We'd been here less than 2. I don't even know what the heck I'm doing half of the time, and now we have to be responsible for the whole zone? 
Pressure. 
The language is coming along great! There are only 21 letters in the alphabet which means every word sounds exactly alike. Example: The other companionship was teaching an investigator and one of them tried to say "mamono ny apostoly" which is that all that all the apostles were killed, and instead he said "Manono ny apostoly" which means that all the apostles were breastfed. Didn't even realize he said it either, the investigator tried to tell him for like five minutes but he insisted that it was manono until finally the investigator just broke character and told him. 
We all got a pretty good laugh out of that one. Also we tried to learn how to say happy birthday yesterday, and the translation was like 3 lines long, and it doesn't really mean even close to the same thing. And our teacher showed us a bunch of pictures from when he was in Madagascar. 
They have the coolest zoos ever, and if you bribe the zookeeper with 5 bucks he'll let you hold the lemurs! Definitely planning on doing that at some point. Tuesday we had a devotional with and the general primary president spoke to us. I actually was asked to say the opening prayer for that one so that was a bit nerve racking, to pray in front of 2500 missionaries and a General Authority. It was aight though. I feel like there was something I was supposed to learn from all the excitement this week, but I can't tell exactly what it is. Who knows maybe I already learned it. 
Our investigators are coming along great! Their names are Ulrich and Nirina. Ulrich's first couple lessons were brutal, but he's coming around. And we had the most amazing lesson with Nirina yesterday! We answered his questions and taught a good lesson and even asked him to be baptized! He's not ready for that yet, but I'm sure he'll be there soon. Anyways hope all is well back home! Write me and let me know whats going on! Love Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment